Monday, February 04, 2008

Jean Michel Jarre:Oxygene–Live In Your Living Room


Yesterday Gr4ss made me able to see/hear the newest Jean Michel Jarre DVD, Oxygene-Live in your living room. The opinion has been created in me until today.
Long time ago I heared the Oxygene, Magnetic fields (that I still have on bakelite disk). I was about 10 years old, so it's not hard to believe that they didn't make any sense of me. Then I started to like the instrumental music in the 90's, Vangelis, Jarre, and Oldfield came in. Until the end of the decade I accepted, and started to love their art, and started to like such kind of music. I remember when I've seen the concert in Barcelona on the TV, I felt: I have to see this once. Poorly it's still just a plan, I still couldn't see. But maybe I will can.
The biggest bumm for me was the concert in China DVD with its blade sharp picture recorded with HD cams, and the 5.1 sound that is like I have never heared in music. Then the album Aero came with its fully audio tracks. This was -if we don't see the lack of video- the perfect album with perfect sound, and the brilliant interludes between titles. With Téo & Téa we could hear the new Jarre style that is not like in the old titles.
And now the Oxygene–Live In Your Living Room. The expectation was big according to the latest, I couldn't wait for can hear/see, and can enjoy the well known tunes. And what was I get? A couple of ramshackle people is turning some potetntiometers for hours, the Jarre show is nowhere, the old tunes are overeffected, and the 5.1 sound is under every critics. If I had to tell everything about it, the BORING, and DISAPPOINTMENT.

I'm sorry, I was expecting more...

But I sill like the Jarre-kind of music on the same way, the concert in China is still the best musical DVD that I've ever seen, and I look forward to the coming issues with full confidence.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home